Bay Area Habitat hosted a 5K fun run on Saturday, May 21, 2022, and it was a blast! Events like this are fulfilling for a number of reasons — people are able to spend time in the sun (with family, friends, and neighbors), be active, and contribute to our mission of providing affordable housing to those in our community. What better way to start off the summer is there?
Our race took place at the beautiful Walter Hall Park in League City. Thank you to the Galveston County Parks Services — Walter Hall was the perfect place to host a run. The course consisted of three laps around one big loop, there was ample space for our sponsors and vendors to set up tents, and the skies were clear! With the support we received from sponsors, participants, and the board/staff, we are proud to say that this event was a success.
Thank you to our Sponsors:
- Gold – Air Products
- Silver – Dow, Daniel Kopesky, Clear Lake Specialties, Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital, Norman Frede Chevrolet
And thank you to our Partners & Vendors:
- Clear Lake HS Flairs Dance Team – water station
- Clear Springs HS Drum Line
- Chase Williams Fitness
- Fleet Feet
- Frontier Communications
- Galveston County Parks & Sheriff’s Department
- Galveston Island Running Company
- HTeaO – Webster
- INEOS Energy Station Team
- Johnny Z’s Powerhouse Racing
- Kiley Phillips – National Anthem Singer
- Moody Bank – League City Branch
- Negative Split Timing Company
- Orange Theory
- Pastor Parker Richardson – HighPoint Church
- Porter Hedges
- Randall’s in League City
- Raising Cane’s – Bay Area Blvd.
- Rich Williams – Master of Ceremonies
- Woodforest Bank 5K Team
Lastly, we would like to thank our 235 registrants! We could not have done this without your contributions and support. We are grateful for your participation and excited to host this event again next year.