With the assistance of a marketing intern from the University of Houston-Clear Lake’s School of Business, BAHFH recently conducted a study of our volunteer program. A detailed survey was sent late last year to over 6000 persons who have volunteered either on a build site, in the office or at a special event. The statistical results of the survey were very encouraging.
• 70.2% were either satisfied or very satisfied with their volunteer experience at BAHFH
• 89.3% see themselves volunteering again
• 96.5% are likely to extremely likely to recommend volunteering at BAHFH to others.
When asked, “Why did you want to volunteer at BAHFH” here are some of the answers participants provided.
• “It’s a wonderful way to serve others. I love that you provide a way for a family to have a home. … We all need a safe, warm place to lay down our heads at the end of a busy day! It helps people lead a fruitful life and creates an opportunity for someone’s dream to come true.”
• “I helped with the finishing touches like painting! It was an amazing day and I got to work with my co-workers as part of a team. The leaders were awesome and helped us learn what we needed to do. We even got to meet the family that day! I can’t even express how that touched my heart! Thank you for all you do to help and serve others!!!” and
• “I believe in the mission.”
We would like to thank everyone who participated in the volunteerism survey and also everyone who has volunteered with BAHFH. You, your talents and your time make possible the construction of homes for working families and help eliminate poverty housing in Bay Area Houston.
Anytime that you, your co-workers or a group from your church would like to volunteer please contact Brittany Briscoe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-337-3590.